The Healthcare Professionals at Medicus Professionals* provide certain healthcare services using interactive audio, video and messaging technologies where you and the Healthcare Professional are not in the same physical location. You can form an ongoing treatment relationship with a Healthcare Professional, however, your initial visit may begin as a consultation (e.g. to determine the most appropriate treatment setting for you to receive care) and will not necessarily give rise to an ongoing treatment relationship. You should seek emergency help or follow-up care when recommended by a Healthcare Professional or when otherwise needed, and continue to consult with your other healthcare providers as recommended. Among the benefits of our Services are improved access to healthcare and convenience. However, as with any health service, there are potential risks associated with the use of technology.
These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, information transmitted may be insufficient for healthcare decision making.
- Delays or disruptions can occur due to failures of the electronic equipment or internet connection. If this happens, you may be contacted by phone or other means of communication.
- In rare cases a lack of access to all of your health records may result in adverse drug interactions or other errors.
- Although we incorporate strong security protocols to protect the confidentiality of your health information, in rare instances security protocols can fail, causing a breach of confidentiality.
By accepting this consent you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- You will be fully responsible for payment for all services prior to any appointment with a Medicus Professional.
- We may share your health records with healthcare providers inside and outside of our practice that are providing you with care so that we can meet your healthcare needs. This may include information relating to genetic tests, substance abuse, mental health, communicable diseases and other health conditions, subject to the terms in our Notice of Health Information Privacy Practices. You may apply certain restrictions on the sharing of your records or the records of any minors associated with your account by adjusting your preferences in your account settings.
- We may determine that our services are not appropriate for some or all of your treatment needs and may elect not to provide services to you through the Site.
- You attest that you have legal authority to act as guardian or personal representative of all children registered under your Account.
- No results can be guaranteed or assured.
You can send messages to a Healthcare Professional by contacting the Healthcare Professional through website platform. Such electronic messages to a Healthcare Professional may not be returned immediately. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should call your local emergency number or go to the nearest emergency room.
*Medicus Healthcare Professionals practice within a group of independently owned professional practices collectively known as “Medicus Professionals”.